Wednesday 19 July 2017

Her Power...

One morning my maid was back from a long leave, I was busy and thought of talking with her in the eve

She seemed upset and engrossed in her thoughts, I was not sure of the reason since I am not a bad boss

Thought of talking with her about her mood, I first ensured she had cooked all the food

Her husband was an alcohol addict; his behavior nobody could predict

Her in-laws had an accident and were hospitalized; she was in trauma since they were paralyzed

I saw a deep sadness on her face; then she was different with no grace

I changed the topic and asked about her son, I thought she would cheer up if we talk about her loved one

Then too she put forward a sad story, he had taken off her life's glory

Police was searching for him and he was on the run, I was curious to know what had he done

He had hit his wife for dowry; such instances had been consistent in her family history

I was surprised and speechless, I knew her situation I was still helpless

I wanted to ask about her daughter but I avoided the topic, I was not ready to hear one more gossip

I had a sip of water and went to the living room, she followed me there she wanted to share something I assumed

I sat down on the sofa and she sat on the floor, I knew on my way stories were more

She started telling me about her teen-age daughter, she was neither like her brother nor her father

She was neither a college topper nor office champion; she was uncommon and was running some campaign

She was a girl with average intelligence, but she was doing her work with diligence

She was treating mentally challenged with smile; she used to walk to hospitals for miles

To talk, to feed and to entertain them were her responsibilities, she accepted the challenge to give life to people with mental disabilities

Her job was to be their companion for whole day; it was a service with no pay

I was surprised to know her occupation, was not sure why had she sent them her job application

Her mother told me she is a girl with a different mindset; she was earning no money and still had no regret

Her life was colorless but she wanted to live for others; she wanted to make others happy and create wonders

She was not impacted with her family situations, humanity was peeping from all her actions

She was giving others something which she never got, for their happiness she had fought

I realized that day not everybody is same, following crowd is not everybody's aim

She was an exception I realized that in an hour, humanity staying in her was her power.

No comments:

Post a Comment